Setting up the POS
Setting up the POS is really easy, but there are a few simple steps to follow.
The POS, or point of sale, works in the browser and offline or online. Before you can start using it however, you need to do some small setup tasks. This enables the POS to work offline.
Finding your POS ID and POS Key
The first thing to do is find your POS ID and POS Key.
- Whilst logged in as an Administrator click on your username, top right, then click Settings.
- From the POS menu, click on POS Settings.
- Note down your POS ID and POS Key, found at the top of the screen.
If this is the first time setting up the POS, you may wish to change the default server password to something unique.
Setting up the POS
- Whilst logged into the Cin7 backend, from the left navigation, select Sales, then click POS or click here: https://pos.cin7.com/Cloud/POS/Client3/pos.html.
This will open the POS in a new tab.
- If the POS has never been set up before, you will be presented with three fields.
- Enter the POS ID and POS Key that you noted earlier.
- Enter a Register Code. This can be anything you like but must not have been used by other registers in your company. A register code identifies the specific POS device that you are using.
- Once complete, click Save.
- The POS will begin syncing with the backend.
Once synced, you will be taken to the standard login screen which has two fields, for username and password.
Logging in to the POS
To log in to the POS:
- In the login screen, enter the first part of the email address assosciated with your account. i.e. for 'firstname.lastname@example.org', just enter 'john'.
- Enter the password for your account.
- Click Login or press the enter key.
Do all users of the POS have to have a user account?
Yes - every user must have a user account - and hence an email address - to enter the POS.