Connecting Cin7 to MailChimp
This article outlines the steps required to connect your Cin7 and MailChimp accounts.
Creating a MailChimp API Key and finding your List ID
Before you can connect MailChimp to your Cin7 account, you must first create an API Key, then find the ID of the list you'd like to update.
To create an API Key:
- Login to your MailChimp account.
- Click your profile name, top right, and click Account
- Clic the Extras drop-down menu, the select API Keys.
- Click the Create a Key button.
- Name the key "Cin7".
For more information, see About API Keys.
- Make a note of the API (it will be a string of letters and numbers.)
Next, find the ID for the list to which you'd like your Cin7 contacts added.
- From the Lists page, find the List that you'd like to use, and choose Settings from the associated drop-down menu.
- Scroll to find the unique List ID - a string of letters and numbers.
For more information, see Find Your List ID.
- Make a note of the List ID, you'll need it later.
Adding MailChimp to your Cin7 account
Once you have retrieved this information, you will need to add the MailChimp Partner module to your Cin7 account.
To add the module:
- Whilst logged in as an Administrator, from the left navigation, click Integrations then App Store.
- From the App Store, select Sales & Marketing then click MailChimp.
- Click Add this app.
The module can now be found from the left navigation, under the Integrations menu.
Connecting the two accounts
Next, connect the two accounts using the details obtained earlier.
- Log into Cin7 using your Administrator account.
- Click on your username, top right, and select Settings.
- Under Integrations, select MailChimp Partner.
- Enter the API Key in the field provided.
- Enter the List ID in the field below.
- Click Finish to save the settings.